Monday, November 14, 2011

Tempting Fate

So I packed my hospital bag tonight. Right after I finished, I immediately unpacked it. I know, Amber, get a hobby. Why can't you think of something better to do with your time? Let me explain: nothing ever happens when you are prepared. I don't care what the boy scouts say. Women who go into labor early always do so at the most inopportune times i.e. at the movie theater, in the temple, or stuck in an elevator. Their stories never include "and then I grabbed my pre-packed hospital bag..." So, with 2 1/2 weeks until D-Day I am tempting fate, living on the edge or simply going a little stir crazy. Hypothetically speaking though, if I were to pack a hospital bag, what are some essential/nice-to-have items that are not blatantly obvious to even someone as scatterbrained as me?




3 comments:

Unknown said...

You should pack it just in case. This baby might be different and might want to come when you are prepared. Maybe?

Stephanie • My Orange Chair said...

Loved this post because I went into labor a week early with Hazel--in a movie theater, I might add--and had nothing packed. My contractions were 3 minutes apart and HARD while I was throwing things in my bag.

All I ended up with was a cell phone, camera, toothbrush/hairbrush/mascara/lotion, and a baby outfit/carseat. Oh and my PILLOW!! Anything else essential Brian got when he went home to shower the next day...

Lindsay said...

I think you should pack your bag and leave it somewhere handy. Granted, none of this is based on personal experience just what people have told me and I have seen in the movies.